I love taking photos of the bride getting ready. There are so many pretty details and special moments to photograph.
So what can you do to ensure that you get the best out of your ‘getting ready’ photos?
Here are some tips:
- Declutter your dressing room. A bridesmaid is good option to help with keeping the room tidy.
If you do not like a decor piece in the room put it aside while photos are taken.
- Make sure your bridesmaids and/or your mom are dressed and done with their hair and make-up by the time they need to help you get dressed. It is not flattering if your bridesmaid is still wearing her jammies while you are looking beautiful.
- If possible, get a room where there are plenty of natural light flowing through the windows and also reflect your vision for the day. Lots of natural light will give you better quality photos and flattering. Just what you want!
I absolutely love the ambiance and softness natural light creates in a room.
If you do not have enough indoor space, you can also use an outdoor space for your getting ready shots.
- Make a list of all your important details when getting dress eg. your shoes, perfume, something blue, maybe you have a special gift. Designate someone, ideally a bridesmaid, to keep your details together and hand it over to your photographer to capture beautiful photos of the details your spend countless hours searching for. The photographer will photograph your details when arriving at your room.
- Another great ideas is to get yourself a wooden hanger to hang your dress on. Tiny details make a difference to your photos.
- And finally, don’t forget that special photo with your mom! This is a moment I like to capture if the situation allows.
I hope these tips have helped you!
Contact me if you have any other questions I might be able to help with. I would love to hear your thoughts.